We’re hiring a Member Services Associate at ADL! Interested in working with us? Check out the ADL Member Services Associate Job Description!
This position is 18 hours per week and starts at $10.00 per hour. Under the supervision of the Library Director, Member Services Associates provide front line member service activities including providing technical and information services to patrons. They promote an exemplary member/visitor experience. Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure an exemplary library experience by greeting, assisting, instructing and promoting library services to members in a positive and pleasant manner.
- Use library automated circulation system to circulate materials to library members,including checking materials in and out, processing holds, registering borrowers, collecting fines and fees and processing lost/paid items per set procedures.
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory, computer, database, inter library loan and referral assistance to members directly, by telephone or by email.
- Assist with troubleshooting problems and training library members in the use of the public access catalog, internet, electronic databases and other library resources.
Requirements include the following:
- A high school diploma and two years of experience working in libraries, customer service, or related work experience.
- Dedication to providing an exemplary library experience to members and visitors.
- Technical proficiency and the ability to learn the library’s automation system.
- Knowledge of computer software, including databases, spreadsheets, word processing and other applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to make connections and establish positive working relationships with co-workers and the public.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Director Ryan Deery at firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF preferred). Preference given to applicants who apply by July 27.