Allegan District Library
Special Meeting Board of Trustees
October 5, 2017
Call to Order: The special board meeting was called to order by President Kiella at 12:01 PM.
Trustees present: Mike Kiella
As present were: Ryan Deery, Director
Devin Erlandson, Assistant Director
Evelyn Lyzenga, Administrative Assistant
For the record Trustee Huff was unable to attend this meeting due to his classroom duties as a teacher.
Verification of Quorum: Quorum present.
New Business: President Kiella stated the purpose of this meeting is for this Board of Trustees to approve two resolutions required by the USDA for the loan; the resolutions are:
• Conditions and terms applying to the USDA loan.
• Authorization of the bond sale.
He stated that both of these resolutions have been reviewed by our legal bond counsel, Scot Hogan.
1. Loan Resolution – approval of the loan by the Board
Motion: Trustee McDaniel moved to accept the loan resolution as presented, Trustee McLeod support.
It was passed by the Board in a Roll Call Vote – Trustee McDaniel-yes; Trustee McLeod-yes; Trustee Buese-yes; Trustee Behm-yes; Trustee Antkoviak-yes and Trustee Kiella-yes.
2. Resolution No. 2017-2 – Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Bond Sale. President Kiella mentioned that part of this resolution is the library must have a debt retirement fund and a construction fund for paying incurred bills.
Motion: Trustee McLeod moved to approve Resolution No. 2017-2 authorizing issuance of general obligation limited tax bonds, series 2017 to finance capital improvements for library purposes; Trustee Buese support.
For the record a Roll Call Vote was taken: Trustee Kiella-yes; Trustee Antkoviak-yes; Trustee McDaniel-yes; Trustee Buese-yes; Trustee Behm-yes; and Trustee McLeod-yes. The Board passed the resolution.
Other items discussed:
1. Director Deery informed everyone that demolition will start Monday, October 9th, with hand demolition which involves the area of connection between the Burnett & Kastran building and the building at 315 Hubbard.
2. President Kiella said he had received a voice message from Tony Garofalo stating he would be willing to be the chair of the millage committee for the upcoming operating millage renewal election on August 28, 2018. In speaking with Polly Koenigsknecht, Director Deery stated that she wants a board liaison with the committee. Trustee McDaniel agreed to be that person since she has worked with Polly before on the building millage election.
3. Trustee Behm said he will be at the demolition on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 10 & 11, for taking pictures.
Adjournment: By acclaim the meeting was adjourned at 12:19 PM. The next monthly board meeting is October 17, 2017.