The Allegan District Library is looking for a dynamic, creative, and hardworking person to become a member of our team and serve our community. Join us in our expanded and renovated library space as our Facilities Coordinator.
Deadline for Application: May 10, 2019
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Cleaning and maintaining library building and grounds to ensure the comfortable, clean, convenient, and safe operation of the library for patrons and staff.
• Maintaining and/or overseeing maintenance of facility systems by contractual arrangements keeping them in proper working condition.
• Performing minor and routine building and equipment repairs for the purpose of maintaining the facility and maintenance equipment in safe condition.
• Developing an annual maintenance, materials and supplies budget for the facility, including cleaning supplies and paper products.
• Undertaking and coordinating snow removal of sidewalks (shoveling, snow blowing, salting).
• Undertaking and maintaining grounds and lawn maintenance (mowing lawn, plant care).
• Coordinating and/or undertaking landscaping and gardening.
• Organizes and maintains a tool and supplies inventory for the proper maintenance of the facility.
Requirements and Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a minimum three years prior experience maintaining a commercial facility of similar size (20,000 sq. ft.) and the ability to use hand tools, handle cleaning supplies, operate snow blower, and operate lawnmower. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Salary: A range of $10.00 to $16.00 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience. This position is partially benefited (paid-time off and retirement).
Full job description can be found here: ADL Facilities Coordinator
Please e-mail your resume, three professional references, and cover letter (optional) to:
Ryan Deery, Director
Allegan District Library