Allegan District Library
Board of Trustees
July 18, 2017
Call to Order: The regular monthly board meeting was called to order by President Kiella at 7:00 PM.
Trustees present: Sue Buese
Also present were: Ryan Deery, Director
Devin Erlandson, Assistant Director
Evelyn Lyzenga, Administrative Assistant
Pledge: Pledge of allegiance was recited by all present.
Corrections/additions to the agenda, excusing of absences: President Kiella requested an additional item #1, Christman’s contract, be added under Old Business. He asked if there were any other corrections or additions to the agenda; hearing none, he stated the agenda will stand as presented.
Motion: Trustee McLeod moved to excuse Trustee Huff, Trustee Behm support, passed.
Verification of Quorum: Quorum is present.
Motion: Trustee Behm moved to accept the consent agenda, Trustee McLeod support, passed.
Public Comment: none.
Action on Committee Reports: none.
Action on bills to be paid: For the record, President Kiella presented general fund bills for June 2017 of $11,945.02, Capital Building Fund June 2017 monthly bills of $2,658.20 and June 2017 payroll of $22,699.47, for total June bills and payroll of $37,302.69.
Motion: Trustee McDaniel moved to pay the bills for June, Trustee Antkoviak support, passed.
1. Contract for the Construction Manager – Christman Company: President Kiella and other Building Committee members gave a review and input on this contract. He requested that all Board members look over this contract so as to be prepared to vote on it at a special meeting called for that purpose. All present decided that next Tuesday, July 25 at 5:00 PM would be the date for the special meeting.
1. Discussion of Annual Penal Fines: Director Deery reviewed with the Board the annual penal fines report. The Board thanked Evie Lyzenga for the work she does on the penal fines report, an important part of the library’s funding.
• Building Project Update: President Kiella stated the library is looking at a closing date in October on the USDA loan at a rate of 3.25% or lower. Director Deery said the yearly payments on the loan will be $345,000, principle and interest and the USDA will conduct an audit every two years. President Kiella said the Building Committee should go ahead and do the demolition.
Board Member Comments:
• Betty McDaniel shared that the City’s new Pickle Ball court is in and open. She also said the Labyrinth will officially open the 1st Saturday of August.
• Trustee McLeod thinks everything happening is very exciting.
• Assistant Director Erlandson shared that Sanilac Computers will be at the library on Thursday, July 20th to start the digitization of our newspapers.
• Director Deery stated he will be giving a special presentation to the Perrigo Foundation on August 25.
Adjournment: By acclaim the meeting was adjourned at 7:39 PM. The next meeting of the Board will be a special meeting on July 25, 2017 at 5:00 PM.