Allegan District Library
Board of Trustees
July 17, 2018
Call to Order: The regular monthly board meeting was called to order by President Kiella at 7:00 PM.
Keith Behm, electronical
Also present: Ryan Deery, Director
Devin Erlandson, Assistant Director
Evelyn Lyzenga, Administrative Assistant
Pledge: Pledge of Allegiance was recited by all present.
Corrections/additions to the agenda, excusing of absences:
Motion: Trustee McLeod moved to excuse Trustee Huff, Trustee Buese support, passed.
Verification of Quorum: Quorum is present.
Motion: Trustee Buese moved to accept the consent agenda as presented, Trustee McDaniel support, passed.
Public Comment: None.
Action on Committee Reports:
1. Facilities Committee – Security Camera Policy – Motion: Trustee Behm explained that security cameras will be used to both protect patrons and library property in the new library. This policy will govern how the cameras are used while also protecting patron privacy.
Motion: Trustee Behm moved to accept this policy with a correction of 30 days video retention extended to 60 days, Trustee McLeod support.
President Kiella requested additional information to this policy addressing:
• Authority – line of authority under this policy
• Responsibility under OMA
• A form if someone wants to access this information – maybe an addendum
He asked that this amendment be shared at the next board meeting. Director Deery and Assistant Director Erlandson will so do as ordered.
Action on bills to be paid:
Motion: Trustee McDaniel moved to pay the June 2018 payables in the total amount of $472,533.07; Trustee McLeod support, passed.
Old Business: None
New Business: None.
• Trustee Antkoviak shared how wonderful it looks standing on the water walkway and looking back at the new building going up.
• Trustee McDaniel is very happy with the construction and looking forward to the millage vote.
• Trustees Buese and McLeod are looking forward to the construction tours coming up.
• Director Deery stated that Jamie would be glad to do a tour for just the Board. It was decided that a weekday at 5:30 pm would work. He also passed around a millage postcard that will be sent out the end of July to everyone in our district.
• Assistant Director Erlandson is very excited to see the walls going up.
• Trustee Kiella shared our audit is coming up and Jason Mitchell, our governmental auditor, will be starting it shortly.
• Trustee Behm said he talked with 45 people recently who are all excited about the library and feel that we have done a great job.
By acclaim the meeting was adjourned at 7:32 PM. Next board meeting is August 21, 2018.