- This event has passed.
Universe of Stories Teen Design Contest | All Month Long
December 1, 2018
An event every month that begins at 12:00am on day 1 of the month, repeating until January 2, 2019
We’re recruiting creative and crafty teens and tweens to help us design artwork for our 2019 Teen Summer Reading Program! The winning design will be used in marketing materials, including posters, fliers and, social media posts.
Rules and Guidelines:
1) Entries must relate to outer space and the 2019 summer reading theme: A Universe of Stories. Submissions may use this slogan or the hashtag language, “Libraries Lift Off”, in their artwork.
2) Entries may be done in any traditional or digital two-dimensional medium (drawing, painting, collage, etc).
3) This contest is open to Allegan District Library patrons in grades 6-12. Please include your name, phone number, and age/grade along with your entry, either on a separate piece of paper or on the back of your entry.
4) Hard copies of your submissions may be turned in at the circulation desk at any time before 9:00 PM on January 31. Digital submissions should be high resolution (at least 300 dpi), and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SRP Design Contest [your name]”. Acceptable formats include: JPEG, PNG, PDF, PSD, and AI. These must also be received by 9:00 PM on January 31.
5) All submissions will be displayed in the Teen Area throughout the month of February. All library patrons will be able to cast a vote for their favorite artwork using the ballot box, also located in the Teen Area.
6) The winner will be announced February 25. In addition to their design being used to represent our summer reading program, the winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
7) Library staff reserves the right to disqualify any entries deemed unacceptable or which do not adhere to these guidelines.
8) Limit one entry per person.