Allegan District Library maintains a number of laptop computers available for use within the library. Laptop computer use is subject to Allegan District Library’s Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Laptop Use Guidelines
• Laptops are for in-library use only, they cannot be removed from the library with the exception of use by staff for library programming purposes.
• Laptops can only be checked out to members who are at least 13 years of age.
• Those wishing to check out laptops for in-library use must have a valid photo ID; a valid photo ID must be left at the information desk while the laptop is checked out.
• Laptops may be made available to those under 18 years of age when supervised by staff for library programming.
• Removal of the laptop from the library will be considered theft.
• Laptops will be available on a first-come first-served basis.
• Laptops are subject to the same regular use procedures as public desktop computers.
• Laptops will have both Deep Freeze and EnvisionWare PC Reservation software installed to regulate usage.
• Laptops should not be left unattended for any reason; laptops should be returned to the information desk.
• Laptop privileges can be suspended or terminated by staff if the borrower violates library policies.
Adopted: September 17, 2013
Revised and approved by the Board: October 16, 2018
Internet Acceptable Use Policy adopted April 21, 2015.