Allegan District Library WiFi Hotspot Policy
The Allegan District Library loans WiFi hotspots for the purpose of providing patrons the ability to connect WiFi enabled devices to the internet.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- WiFi Hotspots can only be checked out with an Adult library card in good standing (no fines on the account).
- WiFi Hotspots can be checked out for two weeks.
- WiFi Hotspots cannot be renewed, they must be returned on their due date.
Fines and Liability
- The cost for unreturned Hotspots is $5/day, up to a maximum of $20.
- If the Hotspot is more than four days late, the data service on the Hotspot will be canceled and the member account will be billed for the cost of the Hotspot kit.
- The replacement fee for a lost or unreturned Hotspot kit is $130, the cost of the Hotspot kit.
o The replacement fee for a lost or unreturned charging cable is $15, the cost of the cable.
o The replacement fee for a lost or unreturned carrying case is $15, the cost of the carrying case.
- All components of the Hotspot kit must be returned in order to be considered fully checked-in.
Additional Hotspot Requirements
- Hotspots work on the Sprint network, if you do not have Sprint coverage the Hotspot will not connect.
- The Hotspots are not encrypted, secured, and do not have filtering on them.
- All Hotspot kits contain a member agreement with the loan information and fines & fees.
- Hotspots MUST be returned to the circulation desk, DO NOT put the Hotspot kits in the drop box. If Hotspot is returned in the book drop and broken, a replacement fee of $130 will be charged. Hotspots cannot be returned to other libraries.
Approved Nov. 2016