So glad you asked! ARC is an acronym for Advance Reader Copy used by the publishing world to signify a book that’s still being edited, or not yet ready to hit the bookstore. They can’t be sold -no way, no how- but publishers like to give them away to help publicize the title.
This is where you come in, Willing Reader of ARCs!
Take home an ARC of your choice from the Teen area to keep it forever and ever. YES! What a deal! There’s just this one tiny little favor you must do in return (what a surprise — of course, there’s a catch!) You need to write up a review. Every teen hero worth his or her salt always has a challenge of some sort to overcome; this is yours! You’re on your way to hero-hood with just one review!
Not sure what to write about? Some ideas:
- What you liked/hated
- Did you find it believable?
- Did the writer make you care about any of the characters?
- Does anything about the book remind you of your own life?
- Did you find yourself so immersed in this author’s world you forgot to eat dinner?
- Were you at any time tempted to stop up the toilet with its pages?
These are the kind of things we’re all itchin to find out! Don’t keep us in suspence.