Allegan District Library Board of Trustees
September 17, 2013
The regular monthly board meeting was called to order by President Kiella at 7:00 pm. Present were: Trustees Mike Kiella, Chris Antkoviak, Catherine Hellmann, Sally Trabulsi, Carol Garofalo, Director Ann Perrigo and Auditor Jason Mitchell of Vredeveld Haefner of Grand Rapids, MI.
Meeting started with Jason Mitchell reviewing the 2013 audit with the Board. Our audit was given the highest level of assurance.
Trustees Jason Watts and Carol Browne are both excused. Both agendas will stand as published.
Trustee Antkoviak moved to accept the Consent Agenda, seconded by Trustee Garofalo, passed.
Marketing & Communication Committee – Trustee Trabulsi announced the planned Read-In on October 3rd (similar to a flash mob).
Facilities Committee: Director Perrigo presented a Laptop Computer Use Agreement to apply to the four new laptops the library has. This policy:
1. Would allow patrons to check them out for library use only.
2. Is only for those who have a library card.
3. There will be indication on a patron’s online Alexandria record that they accept this policy.
4. Statistics will be reported on the monthly statistical report.
Trustee Trabulsi moved to accept this policy, seconded by Trustee Hellmann, passed; effective September 23, 2013.
Bills to be paid: Director Perrigo reviewed the bills. Trustee Antkoviak moved to pay the bills, Trustee Garofalo seconded, passed.
Communications – Director Perrigo shared a patron’s thank you card for proctoring her exams.
Director Search: Director Perrigo asked if there were any questions about the reports and asked for volunteers to visit other libraries.
• Trustee Watts will visit Van Buren library.
• Trustee Trabulsi volunteered to go to Holland or Hopkins libraries.
• A visit should be attended by two board members.
• Would definitely be scheduled ahead and be with either the director or a board trustee.
• Trustee Garofalo said there should be a set of standard questions used for each visit.
No new business.
Board Member comments:
• Trustee Hellmann shared the praises of someone she referred to the library.
• Trustee Garofalo shared a story of Mr. Mihm (who did the library roof restoration).
• Trustee Kiella asked what are our literary assets and who has permission to get rid or keep those assets. This will be shared with the Friends Committee also.
• Director Perrigo shared that the BTOP lady offered a recharging cart with iPads which we gladly accepted.
Motion to adjourn offered by Trustee Trabulsi, seconded by Trustee Hellmann. Meeting closed at 8:40 pm.
Next board meeting will be October 15, 2013.
Minutes are from a recording made of the board meeting.