ONLY TITLES NOT IN OUR COLLECTION MAY BE ORDERED THROUGH MeLCat.
How to Borrow an Item Using MeLCat
1. Please remember to check Alexandria ADL’s Local Online Catalog for Items BEFORE ordering through MELCAT.
2. Click on “Michigan eLibrary Logo – Mel” (at the top of this page)
3. Type in title, author or subject and click the corresponding button above the search box. (If you would like to limit the search to our region of the state, choose region #7 from the drop down list titled “view entire catalog”).
4. Click “Find It!”
5. Check the icon to the far right to be sure it’s the right media (book, sound disc, DVD/VHS)
6. Click on the title for more information about the item
7. If it’s the right item, click “Get This for Me!”
8. Click on Allegan Public Library from the drop-down list of libraries
9. Type in your name (first OR Last) and library card number and click “Submit”
10. Next screen will say “Your request was successful” OR you will get a message that the item is not currently available; unfortunately you may not place a hold on the item
How to Check the Status of Your MelCat Requests
1. Click on “MyMeL” in the gray bar near the top of the screen
2. Click on Allegan Public Library from the list of libraries
3. Type in your name and library card number and click “Submit”
4. Your patron information will appear along with a link “You have x items checked out/requested”
5. Click on the link and detailed information about requested or checked out items will appear
6. You can check the appropriate box to cancel a hold or renew an item