To sign up for an Allegan District Library card, you must:
- Be a resident of the Allegan Library District (see APS map). Please bring:
- Picture ID with in-district address.
- Picture ID and official mail with in-district address.
- If you are under the age of 18 we require a parent or guardian’s signature.
- Be an instructor or student of Allegan Public Schools. Please bring:
- Instructor school ID, pay stub, or letter of employment.
- Student ID, report card, or letter from the district.
- Be a member of a library with a Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement.
- Reciprocal libraries include: Charles A. Ransom Library, Otsego District Public Library, Hopkins District Library, Van Buren District Library.
- You must be a member in good standing. Please bring your home library card and picture ID.
- Purchase an Out-of-District card.
- Cost is $20.00 per year; additional family members may receive a card for $5.00 each.
- Please bring a picture ID.
Visitors from outside the area are welcome to use library materials at the library without a card.