There is no charge for a Library card to citizens who live within the area of the Allegan Public School District (see APS map). To get a card, simply come by the Library:
- With proof of your current address and the name, address, and telephone number of a contact person. Examples of proof of residence can be a Michigan Drivers License, lease agreement, checks from a local bank, utility bills, etc.
- Children under the age of 18 need the signature of their parents or legal guardian on their registration cards.
- Out of area visitors are always welcome and can use library materials in the library without a card.
- We do have reciprocal agreements with Hopkins, Plainwell, Otsego and Van Buren libraries .
- Persons living outside the official service area may purchase a family card for $20 per year. Charge of this non-resident fee is an attempt to share fairly the burden of the Library’s operating costs.
- Once there, click the “Address” tab.
- Type in your address and press “go”, and all location information will come up i.e. school district, township, etc.