Our library offers a wide range of free services for senior citizens and for caregivers of individuals who cannot physically come to the library. We have:
- Audiobooks – CD, Playaway and e-audio Books
- E-books – download to your computer/device
- CDs – Music and language
- Movies – 3 day DVDs & videos, 3-week described & non-fiction videos; 2 week nonfiction DVDs
- Large Print Books – large collection
- TeleSensory Magnifier (enlarges books and documents onto a video screen for easier reading)
- Monomouse – mouse scans pages & transmits enlarged text to a television set
- Remote renewals & holds – log in (library card # & last name needed) to Alexandria, our online card catalog – renew books; place holds that may be picked up at ADL the next day.
- Remote Interlibrary Loan – log into MeL on our home page to order books we do not have at ADL.
- Caregiver pickup – send a note or phone to have a caregiver pick up MeL books or books on hold.
Links to helpful senior websites:
- Administration on Aging
- Benefits Check Up
- Eldercare Locator
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Meals on Wheels
- National Council on the Aging
- Senior Living Map
- Social Security Administration
Helpful Allegan county website links: