To allow all patrons of the Allegan District Library to use its facilities to the fullest extent during regularly scheduled hours, the Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following rules and regulations:
1. Patrons shall respect the rights of other patrons. Patrons shall not harass or annoy others through noisy or boisterous activities, by displaying print or nonprint materials of an offensive nature to others, or by behaving in a manner that can be reasonably expected to disturb others.
2. Children under age eight must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult when using the library.
3. Patrons shall not consume food or smoke or use tobacco or tobacco products or electronic cigarettes. Covered beverages are allowed.
4. Patrons shall not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Patrons shall wear a shirt and shoes at all times.
6. Patrons shall not deface or mar library materials or furnishings, or other library property.
The staff will normally allow the offender(s) one warning prior to expulsion. The staff may expel the offender(s) without warning at the discretion of the staff, in situations of serious, threatening, or willfully malicious behavior. Those who are unwilling to leave or do not leave within a reasonable amount of time, when instructed to do so, will be subject to the law. Flagrant or repeat offenders may be barred from library privileges at the discretion of the director.
Approved by the Allegan District Library Board of Trustees