• The Board will determine the need for competitive bidding prior to projects, purchases or services anticipated to cost over $20,000.
• Purchases of standard library materials including books, media, periodicals, software, and office supplies are exempt from this policy.
• Requests for bids shall be advertised in appropriate locations determined by the Board and posted on library bulletin board and website.
• Advertisements will include a brief statement of the project, submission deadline, instructions to obtain full specifications at the library, notification of public bid opening, and staff contact information.
Bid Submissions and Opening:
• All bids must be sealed and delivered to the library by the posted deadline. Any bids that arrive after the posted deadline will not be considered.
• Bids will be publicly opened by the Library Director and/or a Trustee. Any bidder may attend the opening.
Awarding of Contracts:
• The Board of Trustees reserves the right to reject all bids and/or cancel all proposed projects.
• When costs, qualifications, and other considerations are comparable the Board of Trustees reserves the right to give preference to bidders located within the Library’s service area.
Conflict of Interest
• Library Board members and the Director shall not participate, directly or indirectly, in the making of any contract on behalf of the Library for goods or services in which he or she is financially interested either as an employee, partner or principal or has a direct ownership, except for the services for which a Trustee is specifically retained. Nor shall a Trustee participate in any decision or recommendation involving the Library where such persons shall have a direct or indirect financial interest.